FACILITY: Home to Clinton LumberKings baseball team in Clinton, Iowa. The LumberKings are a member of the Midwest League and are the Class A affiliate of the Miami Marlins. A major renovation to the facility was done prior to the 2006 season. The renovation added a new team clubhouse, indoor batting cages and mounds, and a complete irrigation and playing field construction. Prior to the 2017 season, the infield was completely upgraded. The field is a sand-based short cut Kentucky bluegrass with a Hunter irrigation system.
Including – but not limited to – the following activities:
- Manage the playing surface by mowing, edging and fertilizing grassed playing surface areas, maintenance of the skinned surfaces, repair game mound and home plate along with bullpen mounds, tarping, top dressing of field, disease diagnosis, and aerating the field.
- Maintain a safe playing surface for the players, coaches, and umpires. Abide by the Major League Baseball and Midwest League official playing rules as it pertains to field preparation and field layout and design.
- Set irrigation programs to run and water the field, fixing any breaks or leaks in the irrigation system.
- Maintain grassed areas outside the playing surface – yet inside the confines of the stadium. Maintain a professional look of these areas by mowing, trimming and edging grassed areas. Spray weeds in or around the stadium when necessary.
- Maintain indoor mounds and keep batting cages clean for year round use
- Prepare field for games and batting practice by communicating with coaches and staff for setup and tear down. And maintaining the field before and after games. Get the field ready for any high school, college games and any other events held on the field.
- Supervise and schedule game day staff. Train staff to properly use and maintain equipment in a safe manner.
- Assist in overall operation of ballclub – assisting other staff members when needed.
- 2 or 4 year degree in horticulture, turf grass science, or related field or comparable experience in the turf industry.
- Must be able to work and communicate well with others including: front office staff, coaching staffs, players, and umpires
- Ability to work long hours including weekends and holidays for LumberKings games and non-LumberKings events including: high school and college baseball games and any off-day stadium events.
START DATE: To be determined
SALARY AND BENEFITS: This is a year round position. Salary will be based on experience
Submit a cover letter and résumé to:
PO Box 1295 / 537 Ballpark Drive
Clinton, IA 52733
(563) 242-0727 x102