TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 536324.
Click here to learn more.
- We are now hiring for a full-time GROUNDSKEEPER position.
- Location: Simpson College - 107 East Detroit Avenue Indianola, IA 50125 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time; 6:00am - 2:45pm.
- Requirement: Prefer minimum of two years of experience.
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Plans and administers a program of grounds and plant maintenance, including growing schedules and continued propagation through plants and cuttings. Responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to the care of grasses and plants. Trims, prunes and removes scrubs, bushes and trees, paints and drags athletic fields for practices and games, . Performs general janitorial duties including property inspections, landscaping and grounds maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service to customers by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Inspects common areas and reports deficiencies to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Inspects exterior of the property and grounds; reports deficiencies to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Mows athletic fields and surrounding lawns weekly during the proper season. Cleans landscaping tools and equipment after each use.
- Paints athletic fields for practices and events
- Drag/groom athletic fields
- Perform irrigation maintenance/repairs
- Trims bushes to maintain neat appearance and desired shape.
- Weeds flowerbeds weekly or more often if needed.
- Shovels exterior walkways during wintery weather; salts or sands icy walkways as needed.
- Contributes to the team; facilitates good customer interactions; exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others with whom there is contact.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license required.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 536324